- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 394
- Carbohydrate Content: 11g
- Fat Content: 26g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 31g
- Saturated Fat Content: 9g
- Sodium Content: 1.7g
- Sugar Content: 8g
Moroccan meatball tagine with lemon & olives Recipe
Low-calorie dinner recipe for 4 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has onion, minced lamb, unwaxed lemon, ground cumin, ground cinnamon, cayenne pepper, flat-leaf parsley, olive oil, ginger, red chilli, saffron, lamb, tomato puree, black kalamata olive, coriander and couscous.
- Coriander - small bunch coriander, chopped
- Flat Leaf Parsley - small bunch flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Black Kalamata Olive - 100g pitted black kalamata olive
- Red Chilli - 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Olive Oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- Onion - 3 onions, peeled
- Couscous - couscous or fresh crusty bread, to serve
- Ground Cumin - 1 tsp ground cumin
- Cayenne Pepper - pinch cayenne pepper
- Tomato Puree - 1 tbsp tomato puree
- Ginger - thumb-sized piece ginger, peeled and grated
- Minced Lamb - 500g minced lamb
- Unwaxed Lemon - zest and juice 1 unwaxed lemon, quartered
- Ground Cinnamon - 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Saffron - pinch saffron strands
- Lamb - 250ml lamb stock
- Put the onions in a food processor and blitz until finely chopped. Put the lamb, lemon zest, spices, parsley and half the onions in a large bowl, and season. Using your hands, mix until well combined, then shape into walnut-sized balls.
- Heat the oil in a large flameproof dish, or tagine with a lid, then add the remaining onions, ginger, chilli and saffron. Cook for 5 mins until the onion is softened and starting to colour. Add the lemon juice, stock, tomato puree and olives, then bring to the boil. Add the meatballs, one at a time, then reduce the heat, cover with the lid and cook for 20 mins, turning the meatballs a couple of times.
- Remove lid, then add the coriander and lemon wedges, tucking them in between the meatballs. Cook, uncovered, for a further 10 mins until the liquid has reduced and thickened slightly. Serve hot with couscous or fresh crusty bread.