- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 309
- Carbohydrate Content: 14g
- Fat Content: 22g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 11g
- Saturated Fat Content: 14g
- Sodium Content: 1.8g
- Sugar Content: 5g
Mushroom soup Recipe
Mushroom soup is a Soup recipe for 4 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has butter, onion and garlic.
- Onion - 2 medium onions, roughly chopped
- Parsley - small handful flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped, to serve (optional)
- Butter - 90g butter
- Bay Leaf - 1 bay leaf
- Chicken Stock - 1l hot chicken stock
- Plain Flour - 2 tbsp plain flour
- Mushroom - 500g mushrooms, finely chopped (chestnut or button mushrooms work well)
- Garlic - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Cream - 4 tbsp single cream
- Heat the butter in a largesaucepanand cook the onions and garlic until soft but not browned, about 8-10 mins.
- Add the mushrooms and cook over a high heat for another 3 mins until softened. Sprinkle over the flour and stir to combine. Pour in the chicken stock, bring the mixture to the boil, then add the bay leaf and simmer for another 10 mins.
- Remove and discard the bay leaf, then remove the mushroom mixture from the heat and blitz using ahand blenderuntil smooth. Gently reheat the soup and stir through the cream (or, you could freeze the soup at this stage - simply stir through the cream when heating). Scatter over the parsley, if you like, and serve.