- Serving: 5 - 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 156
- Fat Content: 4g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 21g
- Sugar Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 10g
- Sodium Content: 0.3g
Mustardy beetroot & lentil salad
- puy-lentils - 200g Puy lentils (or use 2 x 250g packs pre-cooked lentils)
- wholegrain-mustard - 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard (or gluten-free alternative)
- extra-virgin-olive-oil - 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- beetroot - 300g pack cooked beetroot (not in vinegar), sliced
- tarragon - large handful tarragon, roughly chopped
- If not using pre-cooked lentils, cook the lentils following pack instructions, drain and leave to cool. Meanwhile, combine the mustard, oil and some seasoning to make a dressing.
- Tip the lentils into a bowl, pour over the dressing and mix well. Stir through the beetroot, tarragon and some seasoning, then serve.
Healthy salad recipe for 5 – 6 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has puy lentils, wholegrain mustard, extra virgin olive oil, beetroot and tarragon.