- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 2 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 471
- Carbohydrate Content: 31g
- Fat Content: 17g
- Fiber Content: 12g
- Protein Content: 43g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 0.7g
- Sugar Content: 11g
Nicoise chicken salad Recipe
Nicoise chicken salad is a High protein lunch recipe for 2 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has rapeseed oil, lemon and balsamic vinegar.
- Garlic Clove - 1 garlic clove, grated
- Black Kalamata Olive - 3 pitted black Kalamata olive, rinsed and chopped
- Cherry Tomato - 14 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Red Onion - 1/2 red onion, very finely chopped
- Green Bean - 200g fine green beans
- Lemon - juice 1 lemon
- Basil - 1/3 small pack basil, leaves chopped
- Balsamic Vinegar - 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- New Potato - 250g new potatoes, thickly sliced
- Rapeseed Oil - 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Romaine Lettuce - 6 romaine lettuces leaves, torn into bite-sized pieces
- Skinless Chicken Breast - 2 skinless chicken breasts
- Mix the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl with 1 tbsp water. Add 1 tbsp of the dressing to the chicken breasts and toss well to coat. Heat the oil in a small non-stick frying pan with a lid and cook the chicken for about 12 mins, covered, turning over halfway until cooked all the way through.
- Meanwhile, boil the potatoes for 7 mins, add the beans and boil for 5 mins more or until both are just tender, then drain.
- Put the chicken on a plate to rest while you toss the beans, potatoes and remaining salad ingredients together in a large bowl with half the dressing. Slice the chicken, arrange on the salad, then add any juices to the remaining dressing and spoon on top.