- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 487
- Fat Content: 36g
- Saturated Fat Content: 22g
- Carbohydrate Content: 39g
- Sugar Content: 27g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 4g
- Sodium Content: 0.43g
No-cook chocolate tart
- biscuit - 200g pack all-butter biscuit
- butter - 100g butter
- golden-syrup - 1 tbsp golden syrup or honey
- dark-chocolate - 100g bar dark chocolate
- milk-chocolate - 100g bar milk chocolate
- vanilla-extract - 1 tsp vanilla extract
- icing-sugar - 2 tbsp icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
- whipping-cream - 200ml whipping cream
- creme-fraiche - 3 tbsp creme fraiche, to decorate
- raspberry - 200g raspberry, to serve
- Crush the biscuits by putting them in a large, strong, plastic food bag and bashing with arolling pin. Melt the butter with the syrup or honey in the microwave, then stir in the biscuits. Press onto the base and up the sides of a 12 x 36cm rectangular tin (or 23-25cm round flan tin) and chill while you make the filling.
- Break up the two chocolate bars and put in alarge bowl. Melt in the microwave for 2-3 mins on Medium, stirring halfway through. Stir in the vanilla extract, then sift in the icing sugar. Whip the cream until it just holds its shape, then fold into the melted chocolate. Pour into the prepared tin and smooth the top. Chill for at least 2 hrs or for up to 2 days.
- Just before serving, remove the tart from the tin and slide it onto a flat plate (loosen edges first with the tip of a small pointed knife). You will find it easier to remove the tart if you leave it at room temperature for 30 mins. Put a few tsps of creme fraiche along the centre of the tart (or around the edges if the tart is circular) and top each with a raspberry, then dust lightly with icing sugar. Cut into thin slices and serve with extra raspberries on the side.
Baking recipe for 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has biscuit, butter, golden syrup, dark chocolate, milk chocolate, vanilla extract, icing sugar, whipping cream, crème fraîche and raspberry.