- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 216
- Fat Content: 10g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 27g
- Sugar Content: 15g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 4g
- Sodium Content: 0.2g
Oat & cranberry bars
- self-raising-flour - 100g self raising flour
- porridge-oat - 100g porridge oats
- light-muscovado-sugar - 100g light muscovado sugar
- dried-cranberries - 100g dried cranberries
- butter - 100g butter, melted
- golden-syrup - 1 tbsp golden syrup
- egg - 1 large egg, beaten
- vanilla-extract - 1 tsp vanilla extract or almond extract
- flaked-almond - 3 tbsp flaked almonds
- icing-sugar - icing sugar, for dusting
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Line the base of a 20cm square tin with baking parchment.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, oats, sugar and cranberries. Make a well in the centre and add the butter, golden syrup, egg and vanilla extract. Stir well until evenly damp.
- Tip into the tin and spread out evenly. Sprinkle with almonds and bake for 20-25 mins until lightly golden. Cool in the tin for 10 mins, then cut into 6 one way and 2 the other to make 12 bars. Dust with icing sugar.
Family camping recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has self raising flour, porridge oat, light muscovado sugar, dried cranberries, butter, golden syrup, egg, vanilla extract, flaked almond and icing sugar.