- Serving: 2 adults + 2 children
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 170
- Fat Content: 7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 15g
- Sugar Content: 5g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 9g
- Sodium Content: 0.22g
One-pan egg & veg brunch
- potato - 300g baby new potatoes, halved
- rapeseed-oil - 1/2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- butter - 1 knob of butter
- courgette - 1 courgette, cut into small chunks
- yellow-pepper - 1 yellow pepper, cut into small chunks
- red-pepper - 1 red pepper, cut into small chunks
- spring-onion - 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- thyme - 1 sprig thyme, leaves picked
- egg - 4 eggs
- toast - toast, to serve
- Boil the new potatoes for 8 mins, then drain.
- Heat the oil and butter in a largenon-stick frying pan, then add the courgette, peppers, potatoes and a little salt and pepper. Cook for 10 mins, stirring from time to time until everything is starting to brown. Add the spring onions, garlic and thyme and cook for 2 mins more.
- Make four spaces in the pan and crack in the eggs. Cover with foil or a lid and cook for around 4 mins, or until the eggs are cooked (with the yolks soft for dipping into). Sprinkle with more thyme leaves and ground black pepper if you like. Serve with toast.
High-protein breakfast recipe for 2 adults + 2 children people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has potato, rapeseed oil, butter, courgette, yellow pepper, red pepper, spring onion, garlic clove, thyme, egg and toast.