- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 444
- Fat Content: 12g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 68g
- Sugar Content: 3g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 13g
- Sodium Content: 1.3g
Orecchiette with cavolo nero, anchovies & pangrattato
- orecchiette - 300g orecchiette (or any short pasta)
- olive-oil - 4 tbsp olive oil
- crusty-bread - 2 slices crusty bread (stale if possible), crusts removed and blitzed into breadcrumbs
- red-chillies - 2 fat red chillies, deseeded and thinly sliced
- garlic-cloves - 5 fat garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- anchovies - 8-10 anchovies, in oil, chopped
- cavolo-nero - 200g cavolo nero, stalks removed, finely shredded
- lemon - 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta following pack instructions. Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan and add the breadcrumbs. Toast until they are golden and crispy, then tip out onto a plate and set aside. Wipe the pan clean with kitchen paper.
- Heat another 2 tbsp oil in the pan and add the chilli, garlic and anchovies. Sizzle for 1-2 mins but don't let the garlic brown. Add a drizzle of the oil from the anchovies, stir and set the pan aside.
- When the pasta has 2 mins to go, add the cavolo nero. Remove a cup of cooking water before draining the pasta, then tip it into the frying pan and return to the heat. Add a splash of cooking water, the remaining 1 tbsp oil (along with another drizzle from the anchovies if the pasta looks dry) and the lemon zest and juice. Season well and cook for 1-2 mins, tossing everything together and adjusting the seasoning if necessary. Serve in bowls scattered with the pangrattato.
Low-calorie pasta recipe for 4 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has orecchiette, olive oil, crusty bread, red chillies, garlic cloves, anchovies, cavolo nero and lemon.