- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 517
- Fat Content: 20g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10g
- Carbohydrate Content: 63g
- Sugar Content: 0g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 22g
- Sodium Content: 3.38g
- smoked-bacon - 250g pack smoked bacon, chopped into small pieces
- onion - 1 onion, chopped
- butter - 25g butter
- risotto-rice - 300g risotto rice
- white-wine - half a glass of white wine (optional)
- cherry-tomato - 150g pack cherry tomatoes, halved
- chicken-stock - 700ml hot chicken stock (from a cube is fine)
- parmesan - 50g parmesan, grated
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Fry the bacon pieces in anovenproof panor casserole dish for 3-5 mins until golden and crisp. Stir in the onion and butter and cook for 3-4 mins until soft. Tip in the rice and mix well until coated. Pour over the wine if using and cook for 2 mins until absorbed.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and the hot stock, then give the rice a quick stir. Cover with a tightly fitting lid and bake for 18 mins until just cooked. Stir through most of the parmesan and serve sprinkled with the remainder.
Risotto recipe for 4 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has smoked bacon, onion, butter, risotto rice, white wine, cherry tomato, chicken stock and parmesan.