- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 345
- Fat Content: 18g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10g
- Carbohydrate Content: 39g
- Sugar Content: 31g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 6g
- Sodium Content: 0.3g
Peach Melba roulade
- butter - 50g butter, melted, then cooled, plus extra for the tin
- large-egg - 6 large eggs
- golden-caster-sugar - 175g golden caster sugar, plus 3 tbsp extra for dusting
- self-raising-flour - 120g self-raising flour
- vanilla-extract - 1 tsp vanilla extract
- peach - 420g can peach in syrup, drained (reserve the syrup), and roughly chopped
- coulis - 75g raspberry coulis (we used ready-made from Waitrose)
- raspberry - 150g pack raspberry
- double-cream - 200ml double cream
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Butter and line a 25 x 35cm Swiss roll tin with baking parchment. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar using an electric hand mixer until light in colour and fluffy - this will take about 5 mins.
- Sift the flour into the bowl. Using a large metal spoon, gently fold it into the eggs. Pour in the butter and quickly fold to combine. Be careful not to overmix, as this will knock all the air out of the whisked eggs. Pour the mixture into the lined tin and smooth out to the edges with your spoon. Bake for 12-15 mins until cooked through and springy.
- Lay a sheet of baking parchment, larger than your sponge, on your work surface and dust with the remaining sugar. Flip the sponge onto the sugary surface and carefully peel off the parchment lining the base of the sponge. Use the sheet underneath to help you tightly roll up your roulade. Leave to cool.
- To make the filling, add the vanilla and 3 tbsp of the peach syrup to the cream and whisk with electric beaters until it forms soft peaks. Fold in half of the chopped peaches and ripple in half the coulis.
- Unroll the roulade, remove the baking parchment and spread with the peachy cream. Scatter the raspberries and the remaining peaches over the top. Drizzle with the remaining coulis and tightly re-roll the roulade. Transfer to a serving plate or board and serve straight away.
Retro party recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has butter, large egg, golden caster sugar, self-raising flour, vanilla extract, peach, coulis, raspberry and double cream.