- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Serving: 6 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 786
- Carbohydrate Content: 86g
- Fat Content: 43g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 11g
- Saturated Fat Content: 18g
- Sodium Content: 1.1g
- Sugar Content: 41g
Pear & almond flapjack tart Recipe
Pear & almond flapjack tart is a Tart recipe for 6 people, takes only 50 mins; recipe has pastry, pear and golden caster sugar.
- Butter - 140g cold butter, diced
- Plain Flour - 50g plain flour
- Ground Almond - 50g ground almond, plus extra if your pears are really ripe and juicy (see Tip, below)
- Golden Caster Sugar - 25g golden caster sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- Porridge Oat - 140g porridge oat
- Flaked Almond - flaked almonds, to finish
- Pear - 5 pears, cored and sliced
- Mixed Spice - large pinch mixed spice
- Custard - pouring cream or custard, to serve
- Golden Syrup - 3 tbsp golden syrup
- Pastry - 500g block dessert pastry
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Roll out pastry and use to line a 23cm tart tin, leaving a slight overhang. Line with greaseproof paper and baking beans, then bake for 20 mins. Remove the beans and paper, then return to the oven for 10 mins more, or until the pastry is biscuity brown.
- Meanwhile, toss the pears in the sugar and spice, then set aside. To make the topping, tip the oats, flour and ground almonds into a large bowl with the sugar and a pinch of salt, then rub in the butter with your fingers until you have a soft mixture. Stir in the golden syrup.
- Increase oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Tip the pears over the base of the tart, then flatten the oaty pastry into a round and place it over the pears - push/spread it with your fingers so the pears are completely covered. Scatter with flaked almonds and an extra sprinkling of sugar, then bake for 30 mins. Allow to cool for a few mins, then serve warm with pouring cream or custard.