- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 202
- Fat Content: 9g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 28g
- Sugar Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 0.43g
Pear & ginger muffins
- butter - 75g butter
- light-muscovado-sugar - 75g light muscovado sugar
- egg - 2 medium eggs, beaten
- pear - 2 medium ripe pears, peeled, cored, cut into chunks
- stem-ginger - 2 1/2 cm piece stem ginger, finely chopped
- lemon - finely grated zest 1 lemon
- semi-skimmed-milk - 4 tbsp semi-skimmed milk
- natural-yogurt - 175g natural yogurt
- self-raising-flour - 175ml self-raising flour
- ginger - 1 tbsp ground ginger
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Lightly oil nine deep muffin tins.
- Place the butter and sugar in a bowl, then beat until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs, then stir in the pears, stem ginger and lemon zest.
- Mix the milk into the yogurt. Mix the flour with the ginger. Stir a little of the milk mixture into the butter mixture, then stir a little of the flour into the mixture. Repeat until all the ingredients are used up, being careful not to over-mix.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin tins, filling to the top. Bake for 40 mins until golden. Serve warm.
Easy muffin recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 35 mins; recipe has butter, light muscovado sugar, egg, pear, stem ginger, lemon, semi-skimmed milk, natural yogurt, self-raising flour and ginger.Add to Favourites