- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Serving: 4 - 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 470
- Carbohydrate Content: 47g
- Fat Content: 30g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 6g
- Saturated Fat Content: 14g
- Sodium Content: 0.5g
- Sugar Content: 18g
Pear, hazelnut & chocolate cake Recipe
Fruity cake recipe for 4 - 8 people, takes only 50 mins; recipe has blanched hazelnut, self-raising flour, butter, golden caster sugar, egg, conference pear, dark chocolate and apricot jam.
- Dark Chocolate - 50g dark chocolate, chopped into small chunks
- Egg - 2 large eggs, beaten
- Butter - 175g butter, cut into small pieces
- Self Raising Flour - 140g self-raising flour
- Golden Caster Sugar - 140g golden caster sugar
- Apricot Jam - 2 tbsp apricot jam
- Blanched Hazelnut - 100g blanched hazelnuts
- Conference Pear - 5 small, ripe Conference pears
- Preheat the oven to fan 140C/ conventional 160C/gas 3. Butter and line the base of a 20cm round cake tin. Grind the hazelnuts in a food processor until fairly fine. Add the flour and mix briefly. Add the butter and pulse until it forms crumbs. Add the sugar and eggs and mix briefly. Peel, core and chop two of the pears. Stir the pears and chocolate lightly into the cake mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth the top. Peel, core and slice the remaining pears and scatter over the top of the cake. Press down lightly and bake for 50-60 minutes, until firm to the touch. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then turn out and cool on wire rack. Warm the jam and brush over the top. Serve warm or cold.