- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 10 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 509
- Carbohydrate Content: 71g
- Fat Content: 20g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 10g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7g
- Sodium Content: 0.9g
- Sugar Content: 30g
Pecan pie rolls Recipe
Pecan pie rolls is a Sharing recipe for 10 people, takes only 35 mins; recipe has milk, cinnamon stick and orange.
- Egg - 1 egg beaten, to glaze
- Milk - 400ml milk
- Butter - 25g butter, chilled or frozen
- Cinnamon - 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Oil - oil for kneading
- Orange - 1/2 orange, zest only, finely grated
- Caster Sugar - 50g caster sugar
- Unsalted Butter - 50g unsalted butter
- Maple Syrup - 3 tbsp maple syrup
- Ground Cinnamon - 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Salt - 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Golden Caster Sugar - 1/2 tbsp golden caster sugar
- Medium Egg - 1 medium egg
- Pecan - 100g pecans, chopped
- Icing Sugar - 5 tbsp icing sugar
- Cinnamon Stick - 1 cinnamon stick
- Dark Brown Sugar - 100g dark brown sugar
- Strong White Flour - 500g strong white flour, plus extra for shaping
- Fast Action Yeast - 1 sachet fast-action yeast
- Shortbread - 5 shortbreads finger biscuits
- Put the milk, cinnamon stick, orange zest and 4 tbsp flour in a saucepan, whisk well and bring to a boil. Take the pan off the heat and add the butter and leave to cool for 10 mins.
- Pour the milk mixture into a bowl and discard the cinnamon stick. Beat in the egg, sugar and yeast, followed by the remaining flour and salt. Mix to a soft and very sticky dough, cover and leave for 10 minutes.
- Lightly oil a worktop and knead the dough for 5 mins, then put the dough back in the bowl, cover, and leave the dough to rise for an hour. Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Line the base and sides of a 25cm loose bottomed round cake tin with baking parchment.
- Put the shortbread biscuits in a food bag and bash with a rolling pin until they're very finely crushed. Tip into a bowl and add the pecans, sugar, maple syrup and cinnamon. Lightly flour the worktop and roll the dough to about 1cm thick. Grate the chilled butter over the dough and distribute evenly. Scatter the pecan mixture over it, roll it up tightly and cut into 2-3cm slices. Lay these cut side up in the tin, cover and leave for 45 minutes. Brush with beaten egg, sprinkle with sugar and bake for 20-25 mins, until golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- While the rolls cool put the icing ingredients in a bowl and slowly add enough water until it becomes the consistency of thick double cream. When the rolls have cooled but are still warm drizzle the cinnamon icing over the top.