- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 279
- Fat Content: 18g
- Saturated Fat Content: 11g
- Carbohydrate Content: 20g
- Sugar Content: 2g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 9.4g
- Sodium Content: 0.6g
Peppered potato soup
- butter - 25g butter
- leek - 1 large leek, sliced and washed
- parsley - fresh thyme sprigs, 3 bay leaves and parsley stalks tied into a bundle
- potato - 450g (2 medium) floury potato, chopped into chunks no larger than a walnut
- vegetable-stock - 800ml chicken or vegetable stock
- double-cream - 3 tbsp double cream
- parsley - chopped parsley, to serve
- Heat the butter in a medium saucepan until sizzling then add the leeks and herbs and sweat gently for 5 mins until soft. Stir the potatoes into the leeks and season with a little salt and lots of freshly ground pepper.
- Pour over the stock and simmer for 10 - 15 mins until the potatoes are on the brink of collapse. Take the tied herbs out of the soup and discard. Stir the cream into the soup off the heat then using a hand blender blitz the soup until smooth. Ladle into bowls and scatter with parsley.
Posh budget recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has butter, leek, parsley, potato, vegetable stock, double cream and parsley.