- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 4 - 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 278
- Carbohydrate Content: 27g
- Fat Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 4g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Sodium Content: 0.1g
- Sugar Content: 27g
Pimm's jelly jars Recipe
Pimm's jelly jars is a Picnic recipe for 4 - 8 people, takes only 5 mins; recipe has gelatine leaf, apple juice and golden caster sugar.
- Mint - mint sprigs, to serve (optional)
- Cucumber - 6 thin slices of cucumber, to serve (optional)
- Golden Caster Sugar - 4 tbsp golden caster sugar
- Gelatine Leaf - 9 gelatine leaves
- Semi Skimmed Milk - 100ml semi-skimmed milk
- Single Cream - 200ml single cream
- Apple Juice - 600ml apple juice
- Strawberries - 6 strawberries, hulled and chopped
- Mandarin Segment - 298g can mandarin segments in juice, drained
- Pimm'S - 250ml Pimm's
- Put 7 gelatine leaves in a bowl of cold water and set aside to soften for 5 mins. Meanwhile, heat the apple juice in a small pan with half the sugar until steaming. Remove from the heat, squeeze out the water from the gelatine, then add it to the pan, 1 leaf at a time, stirring until dissolved. Add the Pimm's and stir again.
- Divide the strawberries and mandarin segments between 6 jam jars, pour over the apple juice and Pimm's mixture , then put in the fridge to set for at least 4 hrs.
- When the jelly has set, soften the remaining gelatine as before. Heat the cream, milk and remaining sugar in a pan until steaming. Squeeze out the water from the gelatine, add it to the pan and mix well. Set aside to cool for 10 mins. Pour the cream mixture over the jellies, then chill for 1 hr.
- Top each jelly with a slice of cucumber and a small sprig of mint. Pack into a cooler bag for transporting. Can be made 1 day before serving.