- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 306
- Fat Content: 11g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 44g
- Sugar Content: 15g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 6g
- Sodium Content: 0.71g
Pistachio scones with a lemon glaze
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Put the flour, salt and butter in a food processor and pulse until you can't feel any lumps of butter (or rub in any remaining lumps with your fingers).
- Finely chop 50g pistachios and add them to the pulsed dry flour mixture with 3 tbsp golden caster sugar.
- Stir the buttermilk into the mixture and use a knife to quickly combine everything together to form a dough - stop when it has just combined and don't overmix it.
- Tip the dough onto a floured surface and lightly bring it together with your hands a couple of times. Press out gently until about 4cm thick, then stamp out 6-7cm rounds. Re-shape any trimmings until all the dough is used. Spread out on a lightly floured baking sheet and bake for 10-12 mins or until well risen and golden.
- When the scones are cooked, mix enough icing sugar into the juice of 1/2 a lemon to make a thick glaze, then drizzle it liberally over the scones.
Scone recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 12 mins; recipe has self-raising flour, salt, butter, pistachio, golden caster sugar, buttermilk, icing sugar and lemon.