- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 131
- Fat Content: 0g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Carbohydrate Content: 34g
- Sugar Content: 34g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 0.02g
Poached pears in spiced tea
- sugar - 50g golden caster sugar
- honey - 1 tbsp clear honey
- redcurrant - 1 tbsp redcurrant or cranberry jelly
- fruit - 2 spiced fruit tea bags (Pukka's 'revitalise' is good, or apple & cinnamon)
- pear - 4 firm pears, peeled, halved and core scooped out with a spoon
- cranberry - handful fresh cranberries
- creme-fraiche - yogurt or sweetened creme fraiche with a little orange juice or zest, to serve
- Put the sugar, honey, jelly and tea bags into a big saucepan with 600ml water and bring to the boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Add the pear halves, then cover and simmer for 12-15 mins until the pears are just tender - poke them with a skewer or the tip of a knife.
- Lift out the pears, then turn up the heat, throw in the cranberries and boil for a few mins until syrupy. Discard the tea bags. Serve the pears with the warm syrup poured over and a spoonful of creme fraiche or yogurt.
Low-fat Christmas recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has sugar, honey, redcurrant, fruit, pear, cranberry and crème fraîche.