- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 590
- Carbohydrate Content: 50g
- Fat Content: 20g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 50g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 0.4g
- Sugar Content: 14g
Pomegranate chicken with almond couscous Recipe
Healthy dinner recipe for 4 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has vegetable oil, couscous, chicken stock cube, red onion, chicken, harissa, pomegranate juice, pomegranate seed, flaked almond and mint.
- Vegetable Oil - 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Red Onion - 1 large red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- Couscous - 200g couscous
- Mint - small pack mint, chopped
- Chicken - 600g chicken mini fillets
- Chicken Stock Cube - 1 chicken stock cube
- Harissa - 4 tbsp tagine spice paste (available from Tesco or Marks & Spencer), or 2 tbsp harissa
- Flaked Almond - 100g pack toasted flaked almond
- Pomegranate Seed - 100g pack pomegranate seeds
- Pomegranate Juice - 190ml bottle pomegranate juice (not sweetened; we used Pom Wonderful)
- Boil the kettle and heat the oil in a large frying pan. Put the couscous in a bowl with some seasoning and crumble in half the stock cube. Add the onion to the pan and fry for a few mins to soften. Pour boiling water over the couscous to just cover, then cover the bowl with a tea towel and set aside.
- Push the onion to one side of the pan, add the chicken fillets and brown on all sides. Stir in the tagine paste or harissa and the pomegranate juice, then crumble in the rest of the stock cube and season well. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 mins until the sauce has thickened and the chicken is cooked through. Stir through the pomegranate seeds, saving a few to scatter over before serving.
- After 5 mins, fluff up the couscous with a fork and stir through the almonds and mint. Serve the chicken on the couscous with the sauce spooned over.