- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 333
- Fat Content: 14g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 20g
- Sugar Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 34g
- Sodium Content: 1.47g
Prawn & cod cakes
- cod - 250g cod loin, skinless and boneless
- king-prawn - 175g cooked king prawns, chopped
- potato - 175g mashed potato
- chive - small bunch chives, snipped
- lemon - zest 1 lemon, plus 1 lemon cut into wedges, to serve
- egg - 5 eggs, 1 beaten
- breadcrumb - 50g breadcrumbs
- olive-oil - 2 tsp olive oil
- green-bean - 200g green beans
- cherry-tomato - 100g cherry tomatoes
- white-wine-vinegar - 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Heat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. In a small saucepan cover the cod with cold water and gently poach for 3-4 mins until just cooked through. Remove with a slotted spoon and pat dry. Flake into a medium bowl with the prawns, potato and most of the chives, lemon zest and some seasoning. Shape into 4 even-size cakes and chill for 10 mins.
- Dip each cake in the beaten egg, then coat in the breadcrumbs, repeat with the remaining fish cakes. Brush each cake with 1 tsp of the olive oil, place on a roasting tray and cook for 25 mins, turning halfway through. Cook beans in salted boiling water for 3-4 mins, until tender, adding the tomatoes for the final min. Drain and toss through the remaining oil, vinegar and reserved chives, mashing the tomatoes lightly with a fork, season with some black pepper and set aside.
- For the poached eggs bring a shallow pan of water to just boiling, stir the water once or twice and crack in the eggs. Poach for 3-4 mins, then remove with a slotted spoon. Serve the fishcakes topped with a poached egg and garnished with the beans and a few wedges of lemon for squeezing over.
Healthy prawn recipe for 4 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has cod, king prawn, potato, chive, lemon, egg, breadcrumb, olive oil, green bean, cherry tomato and white wine vinegar.