- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Serving: 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 470
- Fat Content: 21g
- Saturated Fat Content: 12g
- Carbohydrate Content: 29g
- Sugar Content: 26g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 40g
- Sodium Content: 0.7g
Proper chicken curry
- tandoori-masala-powder - 6 tbsp tandoori masala powder
- ginger - 2 tbsp ginger paste
- garlic - 2 tbsp garlic paste
- coconut - 500g pot coconut yogurt, plus extra to serve
- onion - 4 onions, 2 cut into wedges, 2 chopped
- pepper - 2 peppers, cut into large chunks
- chicken-thigh - 1 1/4 kg skinless chicken thigh, cut into large chunks
- olive-oil - 1 tsp olive oil
- coriander - big bunch coriander, stalks chopped
- chilli-powder - 2-3 tsp hot chilli powder
- passata - 680ml jar passata
- coconut-cream - 160ml can coconut cream
- naan-bread - rice and naan bread, to serve
- In a very large bowl, mix half the spice mix, 1 tbsp each of the pastes, three-quarters of the yogurt and some salt. Stir in the onion wedges, peppers and chicken, then leave to marinate overnight in the fridge.
- Fry the chopped onions in the oil until really soft. Add the remaining spice mix and pastes, the coriander stalks and chilli powder. Cook for 1 min, then stir in 100ml water and the passata. Simmer for 15 mins, then add the coconut cream and remaining yogurt. Leave chunky or blitz with a blender.
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Spread the chicken and veg on a baking tray. Roast for 15-20 mins until cooked and slightly charred. Tip into the sauce. Serve with rice, naan, extra yogurt and coriander leaves.
Indian recipe for 8 people, takes only 50 mins; recipe has tandoori masala powder, ginger, garlic, coconut, onion, pepper, chicken thigh, olive oil, coriander, chilli powder, passata, coconut cream and naan bread.