- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 267
- Fat Content: 10g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 9g
- Sugar Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 35g
- Sodium Content: 0.5g
Pull-apart pork with honey chipotle
- Up to two days before (and at least 2 hrs ahead), mix together 75g ketchup with 2 tbsp chipotle, 2 tbsp honey and the vinegar. Rub all over the pork and leave in a food bag (or bowl) in the fridge to marinate, turning occasionally.
- Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Lift the pork into a snug-fitting roasting tin and baste with any excess marinade, plus 100ml water. Cover with foil, ensuring the pork is sealed in but the foil isn't touching it, and bake for 4 hrs.
- Turn up the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 (or cool and chill the pork, if making ahead). Remove the foil and put the pork back in for 30 mins until crisp and sticky on the outside.
- Lift the pork from the tin and use two forks to shred the meat. Mix together the extra 1 tbsp ketchup with the remaining chipotle and honey, and stir it through the shredded meat with some seasoning before serving.
Freezable family recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has pork shoulder, ketchup, chipotle paste, honey and red wine vinegar.