- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 397
- Carbohydrate Content: 47g
- Fat Content: 14g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 18g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7g
- Sodium Content: 1g
- Sugar Content: 6g
Pumpkin risotto Recipe
Pumpkin risotto is a Halloween recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has pumpkin, olive oil and garlic clove.
- Coriander - small handful coriander, roughly chopped
- Garlic Clove - 2 garlic cloves
- Parmesan - 50g grated parmesan (or vegetarian alternative)
- Olive Oil - 1 tbsp olive oil, plus a drizzle for the pumpkin
- Vegetable Stock - 1l hot vegetable stock, plus extra splash if needed
- Spring Onion - 8 spring onions
- Butter - 25g butter
- Ground Cumin - 2 tsp ground cumin
- Risotto Rice - 200g risotto rice
- Pumpkin - 1 small pumpkin or butternut squash- after peeling and scraping out the seeds, you need about 400g/14oz
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/ gas 4. Chop up the pumpkin or squash into 1.5cm cubes (kids- ask for help if it's slippery). Put it on a baking tray, drizzle over some oil, then roast for 30 mins.
- While the pumpkin is roasting, you can make the risotto. Put the garlic in a sandwich bag, then bash lightly with a rolling pin until it's crushed.
- Cut up the spring onions with your scissors.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil with the butter in your pan over a medium heat - not too hot. Add the spring onions and garlic. Once the onions are soft but not getting brown, add the rice and cumin. Stir well to coat in the buttery mix for about 1 min.
- Now add half a cup of the stock, and stir every now and then until it has all disappeared into the rice. Carry on adding and stirring in a large splash of stock at a time, until you have used up all the stock - this will take about 20 mins.
- Check the rice is cooked. If it isn't, add a splash more stock, and carry on cooking for a bit. Once the rice is soft enough to eat, gently stir in the grated cheese, chopped coriander and roasted pumpkin.