- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 610
- Fat Content: 49g
- Saturated Fat Content: 23g
- Carbohydrate Content: 31g
- Sugar Content: 1g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 14g
- Sodium Content: 1.73g
Quiche Lorraine in 4 easy steps
- Roll out pastry and lift into tin: Leave pastry to soften at room temperature so it doesn't crack when rolling. Lightly flour rolling pin and work surface. Gently press top of pastry, from the end closest to you outwards, a few times, turn 90deg, then repeat until 1cm thick. Now roll out pastry in one direction only, turning every couple of rolls, to a circle the thickness of a PS1 coin. Use the rolling pin to lift pastry up and over tin, floured side facing up.
- Line the tin and trim the pastry: Smooth pastry over the base of the tin to remove any pockets of air. Gently ease pastry into the inside edge of tin and against the sides. Trim overhanging pastry with kitchen scissors so pastry rises 1cm above the rim. Roll excess pastry into a small ball and use to press pastry into the fluted edges. Chill for 30 mins, covered with cling film. Any left over can be chilled and reused, or frozen for up to a month.
- Bake the pastry case blind: Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Cut a large piece of baking parchment, then scrunch into a ball. Open it out and use to line chilled pastry case, then tip in baking beans with more against the sides, to support pastry wall when baking. Bake on a baking sheet for 15-20 mins until the sides are crisp and set. Remove from oven and carefully lift paper and beans out. Return pastry to oven and cook for another 5 mins or until the base and sides are golden and crisp.
- Fill pastry case and bake Lower oven to 150C/fan 130C/gas 2. Heat a pan, then fry the bacon until golden. Scatter over the pastry base, discarding excess fat, followed by the cheese. Mix eggs, cream and nutmeg together, then half-fill the case. Rest baking sheet on an oven shelf, then pour in the rest of the mixture. Bake for 30-35 mins or until just set. Remove and allow to cool for 10 mins.
Quiche recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 50 mins; recipe has flour, shortcrust pastry, streaky bacon, cheddar, egg, double cream and nutmeg.Add to Favourites