- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 763
- Carbohydrate Content: 71g
- Fat Content: 43g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 18g
- Saturated Fat Content: 16g
- Sodium Content: 0.8g
- Sugar Content: 65g
Quick banana ice cream sandwiches Recipe
Summer family recipe for 4 people, takes only 12 mins; recipe has peanut butter, golden caster sugar, dark chocolate, egg, banana, double cream and vanilla essence.
- Dark Chocolate - 75g dark chocolate, chopped into chunks
- Egg - 1 large egg
- Golden Caster Sugar - 175g golden caster sugar
- Banana - 3 bananas, peeled, chopped and frozen in advance
- Double Cream - 2 tbsp double cream
- Peanut Butter - 200g peanut butter (crunchy or smooth is fine)
- Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4 and line two largebaking sheetswith baking parchment. Put the peanut butter, sugar, 1/4 tsp fine table salt and chocolate chunks in abowland mix well with a wooden spoon. Crack in the egg and mix again until the mixture clumps together and forms a dough.
- Break off chunks of dough (about the size of a cherry tomato) and arrange them, spaced apart, on the sheets. Press the cookies down with the back of a fork to squash them a little. (The cookies can be frozen for up to two months - to cook from frozen, add an extra 1-2 mins to the cooking time.) Bake for about 12 mins until golden around the edges and paler in the centre. Leave to cool on the trays for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, put the bananas, cream and vanilla in afood processorand blend until they make a thick ice cream. Scoop into balls with an ice cream scoop, and sandwich between the cookies. Serve immediately.