- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 446
- Carbohydrate Content: 40g
- Fat Content: 24g
- Fiber Content: 9g
- Protein Content: 12g
- Saturated Fat Content: 14g
- Sodium Content: 0.1g
- Sugar Content: 14g
Quinoa porridge Recipe
Quinoa porridge is a Whole foods recipe for 4 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has quinoa, vanilla pod and creamed coconut.
- Quinoa - 175g quinoa
- Flaked Almond - 2 tbsp flaked almonds (optional)
- Vanilla Pod - 1/2 vanilla pod, split and seeds scraped out, or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Coconut Yogurt - 125g coconut yogurt
- Chia Seeds - 4 tbsp chia seeds
- Berry - 280g mixed summer berries, such as strawberries, raspberries and blueberries
- Creamed Coconut - 15g creamed coconut
- Activate the quinoa by soaking overnight in cold water. The next day, drain and rinse the quinoa through a fine sieve (the grains are so small that they will wash through a coarse one).
- Tip the quinoa into a pan and add the vanilla, creamed coconut and 600ml water. Cover the pan and simmer for 20 mins. Stir in the chia with another 300ml water and cook gently for 3 mins more. Stir in the pot of coconut yogurt. Spoon half the porridge into a bowl for another day. Will keep for 2 days covered in the fridge. Serve the remaining porridge topped with another pot of yogurt, the berries and almonds, if you like.
- To have the porridge another day, tip into a pan and reheat gently, with milk or water. Top with fruit - for instance, orange slices and pomegranate seeds.