- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 471
- Fat Content: 17g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 34g
- Sugar Content: 0g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 42g
- Sodium Content: 0.67g
Roast brill with puy lentils & shiitake mushrooms
- lentil - 250g puy lentils
- shallot - 2 shallots, finely chopped
- olive-oil - 4 tbsp olive oil
- shiitake-mushroom - 140g shiitake mushroom, quartered
- tomato - 250g pack cherry or plum tomatoes, halved
- caper - 2 tbsp capers, rinsed
- white-wine - 150ml white wine
- brill - 4 x brill (or any other white fish like cod) fillets, skinned - about 140-175g/5-6oz each
- lemon - 1 small lemon, thinly sliced
- parsley - 1 small bunch of flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- spinach - 140g baby spinach leaves
- Heat oven to 200C/fan oven 180C/gas mark 6. Tip the lentils into a pan, and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and cook for 15-20 mins until they are tender. Drain and keep to one side.
- Fry the shallots in half the oil in a shallow roasting tray on top of the hob, until softened. Increase the heat and add the mushrooms. Cook for a couple of minutes, until they are colouring around the edges. Remove the tray from the heat, then stir in the cooked lentils, halved tomatoes, capers and wine.
- Sit the fish on the lentils then top with a couple of slices of lemon and drizzle over the remaining oil. Season everything with flaked sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast for 15 mins - until the fish is cooked through and beginning to go golden on top.
- Gently lift fish from the tray. Stir the parsley and spinach into lentils, until the spinach starts to wilt. Spoon onto 4 plates, sit the fish on top and serve.
Immune-friendly recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has lentil, shallot, olive oil, shiitake mushroom, tomato, caper, white wine, brill, lemon, parsley and spinach.