- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 363
- Fat Content: 28g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8g
- Carbohydrate Content: 18g
- Sugar Content: 17g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 11g
- Sodium Content: 0.7g
Roasted beetroot & egg salad
- beetroot - 200g vacuum-packed cooked beetroot (not in vinegar), cut into wedges
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- sherry-vinegar - 3 tsp sherry vinegar
- clear-honey - 1 tbsp clear honey
- egg - 2 eggs
- creme-fraiche - 2 tbsp creme fraiche
- dijon-mustard - 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- dill - a few stalks of dill, most finely chopped, a few small fronds picked for garnish
- lamb's-lettuce - 70g bag lamb's lettuce
- hazelnut - 1 tbsp roasted chopped hazelnut
- bread - 2 slices bread and butter, to serve
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Pop the beetroot in a roasting tin, add half the oil, 2 tsp of the vinegar, the honey and seasoning. Roast for 20-25 mins, tossing twice until sticky. Leave to cool for a few mins.
- Meanwhile, put the eggs in boiling water. Turn down the heat and simmer for 10 mins, then run under cold water to cool. Peel and halve.
- Mix the remaining oil, creme fraiche, mustard, the final tsp of vinegar and chopped dill together. Toss the lamb's lettuce in the dressing, and arrange on plates with the roasted beetroot and egg. Scatter with a few more dill fronds and tumble over the nuts. Serve with bread and butter.
Cheap eat recipe for 2 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has beetroot, olive oil, sherry vinegar, clear honey, egg, crème fraîche, dijon mustard, dill, lamb’s lettuce, hazelnut and bread.