- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 418
- Fat Content: 28g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 27g
- Sugar Content: 3g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 12g
- Sodium Content: 0.7g
Roasted new potato, kale & feta salad with avocado
- jersey-royal-potatoes - 200g Jersey Royal potatoes, halved
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves
- rapeseed-oil - 2 tbsp cold-pressed rapeseed oil
- lemon - 1 lemon, juiced
- banana-shallot - 1 banana shallot, chopped
- kale - 200g bag kale
- avocado - 1 small ripe avocado, flesh scooped out
- dijon-mustard - 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- feta - 25g feta (or vegetarian alternative), crumbled
- chilli-flakes - 1/2 -1 tsp chilli flakes
- pumpkin-seeds - 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds, toasted
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Boil the potatoes for 10 mins until mostly tender, drain and leave to steam dry. Toss the potatoes in a largeroasting tinwith the garlic, drizzle over 1 tbsp oil and season. Roast for 20 mins.
- While the potatoes are roasting, squeeze half the lemon juice over the shallot and half of the kale, season, then massage gently to encourage the kale to soften.
- Remove the garlic cloves from the oven. Put the rest of the kale on top of the potatoes, drizzle over a little oil, season and return to the oven for 5 mins until crisp.
- Meanwhile,blitzthe garlic, avocado, mustard, remaining oil and lemon juice together, add enough water to create a smooth dressing and season to taste. Mix the potatoes and cooked kale into the raw kale salad and tip onto a platter. Drizzle over the dressing, then top with the feta, chilli flakes and pumpkin seeds.
Healthy summer recipe for 2 people, takes only 35 mins; recipe has jersey royal potatoes, garlic clove, rapeseed oil, lemon, banana shallot, kale, avocado, dijon mustard, feta, chilli flakes and pumpkin seeds.