- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 504
- Fat Content: 11g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 84g
- Sugar Content: 14g
- Fiber Content: 14g
- Protein Content: 18g
- Sodium Content: 0.4g
Roasted squash, shallot, spinach & ricotta pasta
- butternut-squash - 1 butternut squash (approx 800g in weight), peeled and diced
- shallot - 4 banana shallots, quartered lengthways (roots intact)
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- pasta - 400g wholemeal pasta shapes
- baby-spinach - 300g baby spinach leaves
- ricotta - 6 tbsp ricotta
- sage - 4 sage leaves, very finely chopped
- lemon - zest and juice 1 lemon
- nutmeg - a few gratings of fresh nutmeg
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Tip the squash and shallots into a large roasting dish. Toss in the oil, season and roast for 40 mins, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta following pack instructions, reserving a few tbsp of cooking water. Place the spinach in a large colander and pour over boiling water to wilt. Allow to cool a little, then squeeze out as much excess water as possible. Pop into a bowl with two-thirds of the ricotta, the sage, lemon juice and zest, nutmeg and seasoning, then stir.
- Next, tip the ricotta mixture into the hot drained pasta. Stir, adding a few tbsp of the cooking liquid. Mix most of the roasted veg with the pasta. Divide into bowls and dot with the remaining ricotta and scatter over any final bits of veg.
Healthy Italian recipe for 4 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has butternut squash, shallot, olive oil, pasta, baby spinach, ricotta, sage, lemon and nutmeg.