- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 539
- Fat Content: 22g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7g
- Carbohydrate Content: 61g
- Sugar Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 25g
- Sodium Content: 1.3g
Roasted summer veg & pancetta pasta
- courgette - 3 courgettes, halved and sliced
- aubergine - 1 large aubergine, cut into rounds then sliced
- plum-tomato - 400g baby plum tomato, halved
- garlic-clove - 8 garlic cloves, skin on
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil, plus a drizzle
- penne - 400g penne
- pancetta - 140g pack diced pancetta
- parmesan - 25g parmesan, grated, plus extra to serve
- basil-leaf - handful basil leaves
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Put the vegetables and garlic in a large roasting tin, toss with the oil and season. Spread out in a single layer and roast for 35 mins until tender, stirring after 20 mins.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta following pack instructions. Reserve some of the cooking liquid, then drain.
- Pop the pancetta, with a drizzle of oil, into the pan you cooked the pasta in. Cook for 2-3 mins until golden, crisp and cooked though. Toss in the drained pasta, Parmesan, roasted veg and a couple tbsps of the reserved cooking liquid. Tear in most of the basil leaves and stir. Serve sprinkled with remaining basil leaves and extra Parmesan.
Summer family recipe for 4 people, takes only 35 mins; recipe has courgette, aubergine, plum tomato, garlic clove, olive oil, penne, pancetta, parmesan and basil leaf.