- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 6 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 514
- Carbohydrate Content: 42g
- Fat Content: 30g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 19g
- Saturated Fat Content: 13g
- Sodium Content: 1.5g
- Sugar Content: 2g
Salmon & lemon rice pastry parcel Recipe
Salmon & lemon rice pastry parcel is a Posh budget recipe for 6 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has medium egg, basmati rice and creme fraiche.
- Red Pepper - 100g ready-roasted red pepper from a jar, drained and chopped
- Spring Onion - 4 spring onions, sliced
- Parsley - small bunch parsley, chopped
- Creme Fraiche - 3 tbsp low-fat creme fraiche
- New Potato - new potato, to serve (optional)
- Salmon Fillet - 3 hot-smoked salmon fillets (about 225g/8oz), skin removed, flaked
- Plain Flour - plain flour, for dusting
- Caper - 1 1/2 tbsp caper, rinsed and chopped
- Basmati Rice - 250g pack ready-cooked lemon basmati rice (we used Tilda)
- Medium Egg - 3 medium eggs, 1 lightly whisked
- Puff Pastry - 500g pack all-butter puff pastry
- Boil 2 of the eggs in a small pan of water for 8 mins. Cool under cold water, peel and quarter. In a large bowl, mix the rice, creme fraiche, parsley, capers, spring onions, salmon and peppers. Season well.
- On a lightly floured surface, divide the pastry into 2, then roll out each piece to a rectangle about 27 x 21cm, making one slightly larger than the other. Lay the smaller rectangle on a baking sheet and spoon the rice mix on top, leaving a small border around the edge. Nestle the egg quarters in the rice. Brush the pastry edge with a little beaten egg, then top with the remaining pastry and seal the edges well with a fork. Trim any excess pastry. Chill for 15 mins. Meanwhile, heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.
- Brush the parcel all over with beaten egg and make a small slit in the top. Bake for 25 mins until golden and hot. Serve in slices with new potatoes, if you like.