- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 469
- Fat Content: 27g
- Saturated Fat Content: 16g
- Carbohydrate Content: 51g
- Sugar Content: 40g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 0.5g
Salted caramel & popcorn eclairs
- 1-quantity-eclairs-and-creme-patissiere-recipe---see-link-in-method - 1 quantity eclairs and creme patissiere recipe - see link in method
- nestle-carnation-caramel - 1 x 397g tin Nestle Carnation Caramel
- fondant-icing-sugar - 600g fondant icing sugar
- sea-salt - sea salt flakes
- double-cream - 600ml double cream
- vanilla-bean-paste - 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- popcorn - 100g chopped toffee popcorn
- Make the eclairs and creme patissiere using ourclassic recipe.
- Mix 150g Carnation Caramel with the fondant icing sugar. Mix into a thick but drizzly icing, adding a splash of water if it's too thick. Cover with cling film.
- Transfer another 200g Carnation Caramel to a piping bag and pipe a line along the bottom half of the split eclairs, then sprinkle over a few sea salt flakes.
- Pour the double cream into a bowl with the remaining caramel and vanilla bean paste. Beat with an electric hand whisk to thicken the cream to stiff peaks. Fold through the creme patissiere, then transfer to a piping bag. Pipe generous blobs of cream over the base, then sprinkle over 50g chopped toffee popcorn.
- Spread the glaze carefully over the tops of the eclairs, then position on top of the cream. After every four or five eclairs, decorate the tops, while the icing is still wet, with 50g chopped toffee popcorn and a pinch of sea salt flakes.
Caramel recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 50 mins; recipe has 1 quantity eclairs and crème pâtissière recipe – see link in method, nestlé carnation caramel, fondant icing sugar, sea salt, double cream, vanilla bean paste and popcorn.