- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 589
- Fat Content: 18g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 83g
- Sugar Content: 18g
- Fiber Content: 8g
- Protein Content: 19g
- Sodium Content: 0.5g
- olive-oil - 3 tbsp olive oil
- onion - 1 onion, finely chopped
- garlic-clove - 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- chilli-flakes - 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- rosemary - 2 rosemary sprigs, leaves finely chopped
- chopped-tomatoes - 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- brown-sugar - 1 tbsp brown sugar
- pork-sausages - 6 pork sausages
- milk - 150ml whole milk
- lemon - 1 lemon, zested
- pasta - 350g rigatoni pasta
- parmesan - grated parmesan and 1/2 small bunch parsley, leaves roughly chopped, to serve
- Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in asaucepanover a medium heat. Fry the onion with a pinch of salt for 7 mins. Add the garlic, chilli and rosemary, and cook for 1 min more. Tip in the tomatoes and sugar, and simmer for 20 mins.
- Heat the remaining oil in a medium frying pan over a medium heat. Squeeze the sausagemeat from the skins and fry, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, for 5-7 mins until golden. Add to the sauce with the milk and lemon zest, then simmer for a further 5 mins.To freeze, leave to cool completely and transfer to large freezerproof bags.
- Cook the pasta following pack instructions. Drain and toss with the sauce. Scatter over the parmesan and parsley leaves to serve.
Pasta recipe for 4 people, takes only 45 mins; recipe has olive oil, onion, garlic clove, chilli flakes, rosemary, chopped tomatoes, brown sugar, pork sausages, milk, lemon, pasta and parmesan.