- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 793
- Fat Content: 52g
- Saturated Fat Content: 21g
- Carbohydrate Content: 59g
- Sugar Content: 5g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 26g
- Sodium Content: 2.12g
Shepherd’s pie pasties
- onion - 1 onion, chopped
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- lamb - 250g extra-lean lamb mince
- chicken-stock - 200ml hot lamb or chicken stock
- sundried-tomato - 1 tbsp sundried tomato puree
- worcestershire-sauce - 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- frozen-pea - 100g frozen peas
- puff-pastry - 500g pack puff pastry
- potato - 400g cold mashed potato
- egg - 1 egg, beaten
- Cook onion in the oil for 5 mins, then brown the lamb for 2-3 mins. Stir in the stock, puree and Worcestershire sauce, bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 mins until the liquid has evaporated. Remove from the heat. Add the peas and season.
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Quarter the pastry, then roll each piece into an 18cm square. Divide the mash between the squares and top with the mince mixture. Dampen the edges of the pastry, pull the 4 corners up so they meet in the centre, then press the edges firmly together to seal. Will freeze for up to 2 months. Defrost before baking.
- Transfer to a baking sheet, brush with egg and bake for 20 mins until golden.
Family camping recipe for 4 – 6 people, takes only 45 mins; recipe has onion, olive oil, lamb, chicken stock, sundried tomato, worcestershire sauce, frozen pea, puff pastry, potato and egg.