- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 391
- Fat Content: 15g
- Saturated Fat Content: 9g
- Carbohydrate Content: 57g
- Sugar Content: 11g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 12g
- Sodium Content: 0.99g
Singapore noodles with tofu
- rice-noodle - 100g fine rice noodle
- tofu - 140g firm tofu
- sunflower-oil - 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- spring-onion - 3 spring onions, shredded
- root-ginger - 1 small chunk fresh root ginger, finely chopped
- red-pepper - 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- mangetout - 100g mangetout
- beansprout - 100g beansprouts
- tikka-masala-paste - 1 tsp tikka masala paste
- soy-sauce - 2 tsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- chilli-sauce - 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- lime - roughly chopped coriander and lime wedges, to serve
- Put the noodles in a bowl and pour over boiling water to cover. Leave for 4 mins, then drain and rinse under running cold water until cold. Drain well, then snip into short lengths with scissors.
- Rinse the tofu in cold water, then cut into small chunks. Pat dry with kitchen paper. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a wok or large frying pan, add the tofu, then stir-fry for 2-3 mins, stirring until lightly browned. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Add the remaining oil to the wok and heat up. Add the spring onions, ginger, pepper and mangetout, then stir-fry for 1 min. Add the noodles and beansprouts, then stir to mix. Blend together the curry paste, soy, chilli sauce and 1 tbsp water, then add to the wok, stirring until everything is well coated in the sauce. Serve sprinkled with coriander, with lime wedges for squeezing over.
Healthy noodle recipe for 2 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has rice noodle, tofu, sunflower oil, spring onion, root ginger, red pepper, mangetout, beansprout, tikka masala paste, soy sauce, chilli sauce and lime.