- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 325
- Carbohydrate Content: 36g
- Fat Content: 11g
- Fiber Content: 11g
- Protein Content: 15g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 0.44g
- Sugar Content: 17g
Slow cooker vegetable lasagne Recipe
Slow cooker vegetable lasagne is a Healthy winter recipe for 4 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has rapeseed oil, onion and garlic clove.
- Chopped Tomatoes - 400g can chopped tomatoes
- Garlic Clove - 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- Onion - 2 onions, sliced
- Pepper - 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and roughly sliced
- Courgette - 2 large courgettes, diced (400g)
- Basil - 15g fresh basil, chopped plus a few leaves
- Aubergine - 1 large aubergine, sliced across length or width for maximum surface area
- Tomato Puree - 2 tbsp tomato puree
- Mozzarella - 125g vegetarian buffalo mozzarella, chopped
- Rapeseed Oil - 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Vegetable Bouillon - 2 tsp vegetable bouillon
- Lasagne - 6 wholewheat lasagne sheets (105g)
- Heat 1 tbsp rapeseed oil in a large non-stick pan and fry 2 sliced onions and 2 chopped large garlic cloves for 5 mins, stirring frequently until softened.
- Tip in 2 diced large courgettes, 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, both roughly sliced, and 400g chopped tomatoes with 2 tbsp tomato puree, 2 tsp vegetable bouillon and 15g chopped basil.
- Stir well, cover and cook for 5 mins. Don't be tempted to add more liquid as plenty of moisture will come from the vegetables once they start cooking.
- Slice 1 large aubergine. Lay half the slices of aubergine in the base of the slow cooker and top with 3 sheets of lasagne.
- Add a third of the ratatouille mixture, then the remaining aubergine slices, 3 more lasagne sheets, then the remaining ratatouille mixture.
- Cover and cook on High for 2 1/2 - 3 hours until the pasta and vegetables are tender. Turn off the machine.
- Scatter 125g vegetarian buffalo mozzarella over the vegetables then cover and leave for 10 mins to settle and melt the cheese.
- Scatter with extra basil and serve with a handful of rocket.