- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 496
- Fat Content: 35g
- Saturated Fat Content: 18g
- Carbohydrate Content: 30g
- Sugar Content: 5g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 17g
- Sodium Content: 1g
Slow-roasted tomato & gruyère tart
- plain-flour - 200g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- butter - 100g butter, cut into small pieces
- gruyere - 50g grated gruyere (or vegetarian alternative)
- vine-tomato - 500g smallish vine tomatoes, halved
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- basil-leaf - handful basil leaves, torn
- pesto - 3 tbsp pesto (choose a vegetarian one)
- egg - 2 eggs
- single-cream - 150ml single cream
- milk - 150ml milk
- gruyere - 100g grated gruyere (or vegetarian alternative)
- black-olive - handful black olives
- Heat oven to 140C/120C fan/gas 1. Arrange the tomatoes over a baking sheet, cut-sides up. Brush lightly with oil and put a little basil on top of each. Bake for 1 1/2 hrs until tomatoes are semi-dried. Remove from the oven and increase the heat to 190C/170C fan/gas 5.
- To make the pastry, tip the flour into a food processor with the butter and whizz until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add cheese and 2-3 tbsp cold water and pulse until the dough comes together. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and briefly knead.
- Roll out the pastry and line a 25cm flan tin, there's no need to trim off the excess at this stage. Line the pastry with greaseproof paper and fill with baking beans. Bake for 15 mins, then remove the paper and beans and continue cooking until crisp and light golden. Using a small, sharp knife, carefully trim off excess pastry.
- Spread the pesto over the base of the pastry case. Lightly whisk the eggs, then whisk in the cream and milk. Season with salt and pepper, then stir in the grated cheese. Pour into the pastry case and arrange the tomatoes over the top, cut-sides up. Scatter with olives and bake for 25-30 mins until puffed and golden, then leave to cool slightly before serving.
Holiday-at-home recipe for 6 people, takes only 50 mins; recipe has plain flour, butter, gruyère, vine tomato, olive oil, basil leaf, pesto, egg, single cream, milk, gruyère and black olive.