- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 2 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 288
- Carbohydrate Content: 30g
- Fat Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 33g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 2.5g
- Sugar Content: 7g
Smoked haddock with lemon & dill lentils Recipe
Smoked haddock with lemon & dill lentils is a Healthy spring recipe for 2 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has lentil, onion and carrot.
- Onion - 1 small onion, finely chopped
- Vegetable Stock - 300ml/ 1/2 pint vegetable stock
- Carrot - 1 carrot, finely chopped
- Dill - 2 tbsp chopped dill
- Lemon - zest 1/2 lemon
- Baby Spinach - 50g/ 2oz baby spinach leaves
- Creme Fraiche - 1 rounded tbsp half-fat creme fraiche
- Lentil - 100g/ 4oz Puy lentils
- Celery - 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- Smoked Haddock - 2 x 100g/4oz smoked haddock fillets
- Tip the lentils into a pan with the onion, carrot and celery. Pour in the stock and bring to the boil. Give it a stir, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20-25 mins, until the lentils are tender.
- Mix together the creme fraiche, half the dill and the lemon zest, adding a little seasoning. Put the fish in a shallow dish with a splash of water and cover with cling film. Microwave on Medium for 4-6 mins until the fish flakes easily.
- When the lentils are cooked, stir in the spinach until the leaves are barely wilted, then stir in the creme fraiche mixture. Divide between 2 warmed plates and top with the haddock. Scatter over the remaining dill and serve.