- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 288
- Fat Content: 4g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 30g
- Sugar Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 33g
- Sodium Content: 2.5g
Smoked haddock with lemon & dill lentils
- lentil - 100g/ 4oz Puy lentils
- onion - 1 small onion, finely chopped
- carrot - 1 carrot, finely chopped
- celery - 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- vegetable-stock - 300ml/ 1/2 pint vegetable stock
- creme-fraiche - 1 rounded tbsp half-fat creme fraiche
- dill - 2 tbsp chopped dill
- lemon - zest 1/2 lemon
- smoked-haddock - 2 x 100g/4oz smoked haddock fillets
- baby-spinach - 50g/ 2oz baby spinach leaves
- Tip the lentils into a pan with the onion, carrot and celery. Pour in the stock and bring to the boil. Give it a stir, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20-25 mins, until the lentils are tender.
- Mix together the creme fraiche, half the dill and the lemon zest, adding a little seasoning. Put the fish in a shallow dish with a splash of water and cover with cling film. Microwave on Medium for 4-6 mins until the fish flakes easily.
- When the lentils are cooked, stir in the spinach until the leaves are barely wilted, then stir in the creme fraiche mixture. Divide between 2 warmed plates and top with the haddock. Scatter over the remaining dill and serve.
Healthy spring recipe for 2 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has lentil, onion, carrot, celery, vegetable stock, crème fraîche, dill, lemon, smoked haddock and baby spinach.