- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 327
- Fat Content: 10g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 42g
- Sugar Content: 5g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 21g
- Sodium Content: 2.1g
Smoked trout, beetroot & horseradish flatbread
- flatbread - 4 flatbreads
- olive-oil - olive oil, for brushing
- horseradish - 2 tbsp creamed horseradish
- creme-fraiche - 2 tbsp creme fraiche
- dill - small bunch dill, 1/2 chopped, 1/2 picked into small fronds
- lemon-juice - squeeze lemon juice, plus a pinch of zest
- beetroot - 3 cooked beetroot (not in vinegar), very thinly sliced
- trout - 4 smoked trout fillets, broken into large flakes
- salad-leaf - mixed salad leaves, to serve (optional)
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Brush the flatbreads with olive oil. Put on a large baking sheet and pop in the oven for about 8 mins until crisp round the edges.
- Meanwhile, mix the horseradish, creme fraiche, chopped dill, lemon juice and zest, and some seasoning. Add a few drops of water to loosen mixture to a drizzling consistency.
- Top each flatbread with some beetroot slices and smoked trout. Drizzle over the horseradish sauce, sprinkle with dill fronds and serve with salad, if you like.
Wrap recipe for 4 people, takes only 8 mins; recipe has flatbread, olive oil, horseradish, crème fraîche, dill, lemon juice, beetroot, trout and salad leaf.