- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 183
- Fat Content: 5g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 16g
- Sugar Content: 16g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 19g
- Sodium Content: 1.6g
Smoked trout salad with fennel, apple & beetroot
- fennel-bulb - 1/2 small fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly sliced
- apple - 1 green-skinned apple, cored, quartered and sliced
- spring-onion - 4 spring onions, sliced on the diagonal
- beetroot - 100g baby beetroot in mild vinegar, drained and quartered
- trout - 140g skinless hot-smoked trout fillets
- dill - small bunch dill, fronds removed
- natural-yogurt - 2 tbsp low-fat natural yogurt
- horseradish - 1 tsp horseradish sauce
- Put the fennel in a shallow serving dish and scatter over the apple, spring onions and beetroots. Flake the trout into chunky pieces and arrange on top. Sprinkle with half the dill fronds. Finely chop the remaining fronds and reserve.
- Mix the yogurt and horseradish with 1 tbsp cold water, then stir in the reserved dill. Pour half the dressing over the salad and toss very lightly. Spoon over the remaining dressing and serve.
Healthy spring recipe for 2 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has fennel bulb, apple, spring onion, beetroot, trout, dill, natural yogurt and horseradish.