- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 277
- Fat Content: 13g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7g
- Carbohydrate Content: 37g
- Sugar Content: 24g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 4g
- Sodium Content: 0.63g
Sour cream rhubarb squares
- butter - 100g butter, room temperature
- golden-caster-sugar - 100g golden caster sugar
- mixed-nut - 100g mixed nuts, such as walnuts, brazil nuts, almonds and hazelnuts, roughly chopped (you can buy these as a mixed pack)
- ground-cinnamon - 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- dark-muscovado-sugar - 250g dark muscovado sugar
- egg - 1 large egg
- plain-flour - 225g plain flour
- bicarbonate-of-soda - 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- soured-cream - 2 x 142ml cartons soured cream
- rhubarb - 300g rhubarb, cut into 1cm pieces
- Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4/fan 160C. If baking to cut into squares, line a 33 x 23 x 5cm baking tin with non-stick baking parchment. If serving as a pudding simply grease a similar-sized ovenproof dish with a little butter.
- Melt about 15g/1/2oz of the butter and stir into the caster sugar, nuts and cinnamon in a bowl. Set aside.
- Cream together the rest of the butter with the muscovado sugar and egg. When smooth and creamy, stir in the flour, bicarbonate of soda, 1/2 tsp salt and the soured cream. Lastly, stir in the rhubarb.
- Pour the rhubarb mixture into the prepared tin and sprinkle with the sugar and nut topping. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Serve immediately as a pudding, or leave to cool and cut into squares. Keeps for 4-5 days in an airtight tin.
Traybake recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has butter, golden caster sugar, mixed nut, ground cinnamon, dark muscovado sugar, egg, plain flour, bicarbonate of soda, soured cream and rhubarb.