- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 638
- Carbohydrate Content: 80g
- Fat Content: 19g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 35g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 0.7g
- Sugar Content: 11g
Spaghetti with smoky tomato & seafood sauce Recipe
Healthy pasta recipe for 4 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has olive oil, garlic clove, red chilli, fennel seed, spaghetti, smoked paprika, chopped tomato, sugar, seafood and parsley.
- Garlic Clove - 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- Red Chilli - 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- Spaghetti - 400g spaghetti
- Olive Oil - 4 tbsp olive oil
- Smoked Paprika - 2 tsp smoked paprika
- Chopped Tomato - 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- Sugar - 2 tsp sugar
- Parsley - small bunch parsley or basil, chopped
- Fennel Seed - 1 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- Seafood - 400g pack frozen mixed cooked seafood, defrosted
- Boil the kettle and heat the oil in a large, deep frying pan. Add the garlic, chilli and fennel seeds, and sizzle for a few mins. Pour the boiling water into a large pan and cook the pasta following pack instructions.
- Add the paprika, tomatoes, sugar and seasoning to the pan and simmer for 8-10 mins while the pasta cooks.
- Drain the pasta 1 min before the end of the cooking time, reserving a cup of the water. Add the pasta to the sauce with the seafood. Simmer for 1-2 mins, adding a splash of the reserved pasta water if it looks too thick. Toss the pasta through the sauce as it cooks. Add the herbs and black pepper, then serve.