- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 638
- Fat Content: 19g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 80g
- Sugar Content: 11g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 35g
- Sodium Content: 0.7g
Spaghetti with smoky tomato & seafood sauce
- olive-oil - 4 tbsp olive oil
- garlic-clove - 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- red-chilli - 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- fennel-seed - 1 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- spaghetti - 400g spaghetti
- smoked-paprika - 2 tsp smoked paprika
- chopped-tomato - 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- sugar - 2 tsp sugar
- seafood - 400g pack frozen mixed cooked seafood, defrosted
- parsley - small bunch parsley or basil, chopped
- Boil the kettle and heat the oil in a large, deep frying pan. Add the garlic, chilli and fennel seeds, and sizzle for a few mins. Pour the boiling water into a large pan and cook the pasta following pack instructions.
- Add the paprika, tomatoes, sugar and seasoning to the pan and simmer for 8-10 mins while the pasta cooks.
- Drain the pasta 1 min before the end of the cooking time, reserving a cup of the water. Add the pasta to the sauce with the seafood. Simmer for 1-2 mins, adding a splash of the reserved pasta water if it looks too thick. Toss the pasta through the sauce as it cooks. Add the herbs and black pepper, then serve.
Healthy pasta recipe for 4 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has olive oil, garlic clove, red chilli, fennel seed, spaghetti, smoked paprika, chopped tomato, sugar, seafood and parsley.