- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 444
- Fat Content: 22g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6g
- Carbohydrate Content: 46g
- Sugar Content: 0g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 18g
- Sodium Content: 2.21g
Spaghetti with Spanish flavours
- Put a pan of water on over a high heat to boil. Meanwhile, snip the chorizo into strips with scissors, and chop the parsley and peppers (check for stray seeds first).
- When the water is boiling briskly, add the spaghetti with a good measure of salt, stir and return to the boil. Cook for 3 minutes.
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil, add the chorizo and peppers and plenty of black pepper. Cook for a minute or so, until heated through and the juices are stained red from the paprika in the chorizo. Scoop half a mugful of pasta water from the pan, drain the remainder and tip the spaghetti into the frying pan.
- Add the parsley and parmesan, toss well and splash in the pasta water, to moisten. Hand round extra parmesan at the table.
Spanish recipe for 4 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has chorizo, spaghetti, parsley, red pepper, olive oil and parmesan.