- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 5
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 755
- Fat Content: 51g
- Saturated Fat Content: 26g
- Carbohydrate Content: 41g
- Sugar Content: 11g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 31g
- Sodium Content: 3.3g
Speedy chorizo ragu lasagne
- olive-oil - 2 tsp olive oil
- onion - 1 onion, chopped
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- rosemary-sprig - 1 rosemary sprig
- sausages - 6 chorizo-style sausages
- roasted-red-peppers - 3 large roasted red peppers, from a jar
- fennel-seeds - 1 tsp fennel seeds
- dried-chilli-flakes - 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes (optional)
- passata - 500ml passata
- sugar - 1 tsp sugar
- mascarpone - 250g tub mascarpone
- milk - 50ml milk
- parmesan - 75g parmesan or pecorino, grated
- basil - handful of fresh basil, roughly chopped
- lasagne-sheets - 250g packet fresh lasagne sheets
- Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7. Heat the oil in a shallowfrying panorcasserole dish, one that can go in the oven. Add the onion, garlic, rosemary and a pinch of salt, then cook for a few mins until softened. Squeeze the sausagemeat from their skins into the pan. Break it up with your spoon and cook until starting to brown, around 3-5 mins.
- Tear the red peppers into the pan and add the fennel seeds, chilli (if using), passata, sugar and some seasoning. Cook over a medium heat for 5 mins. Meanwhile, mix the mascarpone, milk, 50g parmesan and some seasoning in a bowl.
- Stir the basil into a pan, then remove from the heat. Spoon half the ragu into another pan or bowl. Put a layer of lasagne sheets on top of the ragu in the casserole dish, then top with half the mascarpone mixture. Add another layer of ragu, followed by the pasta and mascarpone. Top with the remaining parmesan, then put in the oven on the middle shelf and bake for 5-10 mins until golden and bubbling.
Lasagne recipe for 5 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has olive oil, onion, garlic clove, rosemary sprig, sausages, roasted red peppers, fennel seeds, dried chilli flakes, passata, sugar, mascarpone, milk, parmesan, basil and lasagne sheets.