- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 205
- Fat Content: 15g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8g
- Carbohydrate Content: 6g
- Sugar Content: 5g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 13g
- Sodium Content: 0.66g
Speedy lamb & spinach curry
- cumin-seed - 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- sunflower-oil - 2 tsp sunflower oil
- lamb - 200g lean lamb steak, cubed
- red-pepper - 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- chilli - 1 green chilli, deseeded and sliced
- curry-paste - 2 tbsp mild curry paste
- tomato - 225g can chopped tomato
- coconut-cream - 160ml can coconut cream
- spinach - 100g bag baby spinach
- coriander - 1/2 a 20g pack coriander, chopped (about 1 tbsp)
- Dry-fry the cumin seeds for about 20 secs in a wok, then add half the oil and stir-fry the lamb for about 1 min until browned, but not cooked all the way through. Tip onto a plate.
- Add the rest of the oil to the wok, then stir-fry the pepper and chilli for a couple of mins until softened. Stir in the curry paste, tomatoes and coconut cream with half a can (from the tomatoes) of water, then simmer for about 5 mins until saucy. Add the lamb, spinach and coriander, stir until the spinach has wilted, then serve with basmati rice.
Immune-friendly recipe for 4 people, takes only 6 mins; recipe has cumin seed, sunflower oil, lamb, red pepper, chilli, curry paste, tomato, coconut cream, spinach and coriander.