- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 3
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 445
- Fat Content: 15g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 68g
- Sugar Content: 20g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 13g
- Sodium Content: 0.81g
Spiced Indian potato wraps
- sweet-potato - 4 sweet potatoes, cut into chunky wedges
- red-chilli - 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- cumin-seed - 2 tsp cumin seeds
- garam-masala - 1 tbsp garam masala
- red-onion - 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- lime - juice 1 lime
- sugar - 2 tsp sugar
- chapati - 6-9 chapatis
- natural-yogurt - 150ml natural yogurt
- coriander - large bunch coriander
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Toss the sweet potatoes with chilli, 1 tsp oil, cumin seeds, garam masala and plenty of seasoning on a roasting tray. Roast for 25-35 mins, turning wedges halfway, until tender and golden.
- Meanwhile fry onion in remaining oil for a few mins until partly softened, stir in the lime juice and sugar with some seasoning, then turn off the heat.
- Warm chapatis following pack instructions, then assemble by adding a couple of wedges of sweet potato to each, followed by a scattering of onions, a dollop of yogurt and a small handful of coriander leaves. Roll up and eat.
Healthy sweet potato recipe for 3 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has sweet potato, red chilli, olive oil, cumin seed, garam masala, red onion, lime, sugar, chapati, natural yogurt and coriander.