- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 167
- Fat Content: 5g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 23g
- Sugar Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 6g
- Sodium Content: 0.5g
Spiced lentil & butternut squash soup
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- onion - 2 onions, finely chopped
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- chilli-powder - 1/4 tsp hot chilli powder
- ras-el-hanout - 1 tbsp ras el hanout
- butternut-squash - 1 butternut squash, peeled and cut into 2cm pieces
- red-lentils - 100g red lentils
- vegetable-stock - 1l hot vegetable stock
- coriander - 1 small bunch coriander, leaves chopped, plus extra to serve
- dukkah - dukkah (see tip) and natural yogurt, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large flameproofcasserole dishor saucepan over a medium-high heat. Fry the onions with a pinch of salt for 7 mins, or until softened and just caramelised. Add the garlic, chilli and ras el hanout, and cook for 1 min more.
- Stir in the squash and lentils. Pour over the stock and season to taste. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook, covered, for 25 mins or until the squash is soft. Blitz the soup with astick blenderuntil smooth, then season to taste.To freeze, leave to cool completely and transfer to large freezerproof bags.
- Stir in the coriander leaves and ladle the soup into bowls. Serve topped with the dukkah, yogurt and extra coriander leaves.
Healthy soup recipe for 4-6 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has olive oil, onion, garlic clove, chilli powder, ras el hanout, butternut squash, red lentils, vegetable stock, coriander and dukkah.